If you or someone you know has a gambling problem and wants help, call 1-800-Gambler.
FEDERAL PROHIBITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS REGARDING INTERNET GAMING
Underage gambling is a criminal offense and any person under the age of 21 who engages in online wagering and any person who facilitates or enables someone under the age of 21 to gamble has committed a criminal offense and is subject to criminal prosecution and shall be prohibited from Internet gaming.
Federal prohibitions and restrictions regarding internet gaming apply, specifically any limitations upon Internet gaming as set forth in 18 U U.S.C. §§ 1084 et seq. (The Wire Act) and 31 U.S.C. §§ 3163 through 3167 (UIEGA). It is a Federal offense for persons physically located outside of West Virginia to engage in Internet wagering through a West Virginia casino, unless explicitly authorized by the West Virginia Lottery. A patron’s wagering session connection will be terminated immediately if the patron device is removed from the boundaries of the State of West Virginia.
BetMGM.com and BetMGMCasino.com meet the highest security standards in the industry, with a five-level security system, multiple firewalls, and 128-bit SSL encryption. Early-warning systems in the form of limits on unusually high stakes and winnings prevent manipulation and other criminal activities at an early stage.
But you can help us to further increase the safety of your account:
- You are responsible for the safety of your personal computer and mobile device! Configure your auto-lock features to protect them from unauthorized use.
- Please keep your access details safe at all times (user ID, password and your question and answer combination)
- Don't share your gaming account credentials, your credit card or bank account details
- Don't leave the computer unattended when you are logged in
- Do not use the 'Save password' option on log-in screens
- Create separate profiles for everyone who uses your devices, so that nobody else can access your information
- You are prohibited from allowing any other person to access or use Your Account.
Change your password regularly. By default you receive an email notification when your account is being accessed. If you cannot remember having accessed your account at the specified date and time, change your password immediately.
For an additional level of safety you can enable Strong Authentication. Every time you try to access your account, a one-time password is sent to your registered email. This one-time password is needed in addition to your normal password in order to gain access.
You can set these options in your Account settings.
If you have forgotten your password, you can retrieve it here.
By registering an account, you are confirming that you are 21 years of age or over. In West Virginia, it is a criminal offense to allow a person who is under the age of 21 to participate in Internet or mobile wagering. BetMGM takes its age-verification responsibilities very seriously. We carry out age-verification checks on all customers at the time of account establishment. We will ask for information to verify your age and will restrict or suspend your account until your age is confirmed.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 21 YEARS OLD FOUND TO BE USING THIS SITE FOR INTERNET OR MOBILE WAGERING PURPOSES WILL BE REPORTED TO LAW ENFORCEMENT AND BE SUBJECT TO OTHER LEGAL PENALTIES.
You can contact BetMGM Customer Service at any time to obtain your account and game history.
It is a Federal offense for persons physically located outside of the State of West Virginia to engage in Internet wagering.
Gaming is a great source of entertainment for millions of people around the world. But, for a minority, gaming can cause problems. We are committed to identifying risks as early as possible and intervening to prevent these problems before they emerge. We have in place a Responsible Gaming framework which includes controls to help customers to play within their limits and avoid a situation where gaming causes problems.
By observing the following rules, you will be able to relax and enjoy your gaming:
- Gaming is just for fun, not a way of earning money
- Only play when you are relaxed and concentrated
- Take regular breaks
- Keep track of your gambling. Consult the overview of your gaming transactions in your account
- Decide your monthly gaming stake in advance. Only gamble what you can afford to lose
- Independently of our standard deposit limits, you may set a lower amount as your own personal limit
- Do not increase the maximum limit which you have decided for yourself later on
- Before you start playing, decide the winning amount at which you will end the game
- Decide beforehand how high your losses can be
- Never play under the influence of alcohol or medication
- Never play if you are feeling depressed
There are myths associated with gambling you should understand.
- My luck will change if I keep gambling and I’m sure I’ll win my money back.
- I am due for a win.
- If I play multiple games at a time, I'll increase my chances of winning.
- I have a special strategy that helps me win.
- I have a gut feeling that today is my lucky day.
There are many risks associated with problem gambling, including:
- A negative impact on relationships and family life.
- Financial difficulties, including maxing out credit cards and increasing debts.
- A range of emotional, physical, and psychological health problems.
- An adverse effect on an individual’s ability to perform well at work.
We would like to stress that diagnoses relating to clinical disorders such as problem gambling can only be made by trained specialists. This page offers material which will allow you to quickly assess and consider your own behavior. If you can identify with four or more of the following characteristics, we recommend that you speak to a professional:
- Are you highly involved in gaming?
- Do your thoughts constantly turn to gaming?
- Are you are constantly increasing your stakes?
- Even beyond your financial means?
- Have you unsuccessfully attempted to quit or cut down your gaming?
- Do you become irritated and frustrated after attempting to reduce the extent of your gaming?
- Does gaming serve as a means of getting away from problems or unpleasant feelings?
- Have you ever tried to win back losses by taking risks you usually would not take?
- Have ever you lied about the extent or success of your gaming?
- Has your gaming ever led to a negative impact on your relationships or your job?
- Have you ever been forced to rely on others to finance your gaming?
We offer a range of different options that can be used to manage your gaming activity at any time. This includes tools which allow you to limit the amount you can deposit or wager, time limits to help you control how much time you spend gaming or the option to exclude yourself from gaming for a period of time.
You can set deposit limits, wager limits and time limits. Once established, any decrease to these limits will be effective immediately and you will receive an instant text notification. Any increase to these limits will become effective only after the time period of the previous limit has expired.
Deposit limits can be set on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and specify the maximum amount of money you can deposit into your Internet gaming account during a particular period of time. Please go to Account -> Advanced Settings -> Deposit Limits to set the limit.
Spending (wager) limits can be offered on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and specify the maximum amount of money you can wager during a particular period of time. Please go to Account -> Advanced Settings -> Spending Limits to set the limit.
A time-based limit is offered on a daily basis and specifies the maximum amount of time you may spend playing on the website (time is measured hourly from the time you log in to the time you log out). Please go to Account -> Settings -> Time Management to set the limit.
Should you need a cooling off period from gaming, you can choose our timeout action. Please be aware that the timeout has to be for a minimum of 72 hours and that during that time period you will not be able to login. Please contact customer service should you want your funds returned during that period. The account will be automatically reenabled after the selected timeout period has past. Please go to Account -> Advanced Settings -> Self-Exclusion to timeout.
Should you need to take a break from gaming, we provide a self exclusion capability. Self-exclusion means that your account will remain closed for a minimum period of 12 months, and will not be reactivated under any circumstances during the exclusion period (unlike a standard account closure request). Please go to Account -> Advanced Settings -> Self-Exclusion to self exclude.
If you want to take a break or stop playing our products for any reasons other than the prevention of gambling-related problems, we also offer a service closure. For further information, please contact our Customer Service team.
There are a number of support organizations available which offer valuable information and advice across a range of areas. Details are below, including contact information for each organization.
The Problem Gamblers Help Network of West Virginia
The Problem Gamblers Help Network of West Virginia (www.1800gambler.net) provides information, education and referral services for anyone affected by problem gambling.
National Council on Problem Gambling
The National Council on Problem Gambling (www.ncpgambling.org) serves as the national advocate for programs and services to assist problem gamblers and their families. Their vision is to improve health and wellness by reducing the personal, social and economic costs of problem gambling.
If you or someone you know has a gambling problem and wants help, call 1-800-GAMBLER.
If you have any complaints, claims or disputes with regard to any outcome regarding the services or any other activity, you must submit your complaint to us in writing as soon as is reasonably practicable following the date of the original transaction to which the claim or dispute refers. You are required to provide a minimum of personal information permitting identification, together with a description of the facts and motivation for the complaint as well as the corresponding corroborating evidence.
Complaints may be submitted by contacting our Customer Service team or in writing to: Customer Service Manager, BetMGM Harborside Plaza 3, 210 Hudson Street, Jersey City, NJ 07311.
If all reasonable means to resolve the complaint with BetMGM have been exhausted, you can file a complaint with the West Virginia Lottery by contacting them at:
West Virginia Lottery
900 Pennsylvania Avenue
Charleston, WV 25302