General Sports Book Rules
- BetMGM reserves the right to refuse any wager, prior to its acceptance.
- BetMGM will determine minimum and maximum wager amounts per patron on all events to include: all periods, segments, propositions, and future book wagers.
- BetMGM mobile wagering application displays real time lines, current odds, and potential payouts when placing wagers. Patrons will be prompted with a confirmation message that selections are correct prior to the selection of the ‘place wagers’ button. Line change notifications may occur at any time during the wager placement process and will require the user to accept or decline the change.
- For online wagers, if a patron made an inadvertent bet in patron's account due to an error (e.g., inadvertent multiple identical bets), patron must inform BetMGM within 15 minutes of any bet patron placed for BetMGM to consider appropriate adjustments to be made to patron's account.
- Wagers accepted will not be able to be changed or voided by the player upon confirmation of the successfully placed wager.
- BetMGM reserves the right to add, change or delete the payout ratio limits.
- There is no player initiated voids of any wager after the event has started.
- Wagers may be accepted at terms other than those displayed within the main sports book rules or individual sports wagering rules. Specific stipulations will be displayed within the inventory section of an event page.
- BetMGM reserve the right to add, change or delete the BetMGM WV Sports House Rules, subject to regulatory approval.
- BetMGM will not accept the past posting of wagers, in such cases the wager may be refunded, or where the outcome of the event is already known, in all such cases the wager will be refunded.
- BetMGM will accept wagers on currently posted terms unless otherwise posted or noted on printed or media.
- BetMGM prohibits wagers on prohibited sports events, including all high school sports events, including high school electronic sports events and high school competitive video game events, but does not include esports in which participants are at least 18 years old. A prohibited sports event is also any other event which the West Virginia Lottery deems to be contrary to public policy.
BetMGM prohibits any person who is prohibited pursuant to W.Va. Code §§ 29-22D-1 et seq , any individual whose participation may undermine the integrity of the wagering or the sports event or for other good cause, including but not limited to: any individual placing a wager as an agent or proxy; any employee of the Lottery Commission or a licensed sports pool operator; any person who is an athlete, coach, referee, a player or a referee personnel member, in or on any sports event overseen by that person’s sport’s governing body based on publicly available information; a person who holds a position of authority or influence sufficient to exert influence over the participants in a sporting contest, including but not limited to coaches, managers, handlers, athletic trainers, or horse trainers; a person with access to certain types of exclusive information on any sports event overseen by that person’s sport’s governing body based on publicly available information, or a person identified by any lists provided by the sport’s governing body to the West Virginia Lottery.
- Management will maintain a record of all point spreads, odds, race results, final scores and related betting proposition statistics and outcomes to protect both the patron and BetMGM in case of obvious mechanical or human error.
- BetMGM account holders are encouraged to contact Customer Service for additional wagering information, questions, and complaints of any such nature. BetMGM will investigate any issue and provide a timely response not to exceed ten (10) calendar days. For complaints that cannot be resolved to the satisfaction of the patron as related to: patron accounts, settlement of wagers, and/or illegal activity, a copy of such complaint, along with BetMGM’s response, including all documentation, shall be provided to the West Virginia Lottery as applicable.
- Canceled events that have either not started, or have not met the minimum length for an event to be official, will result in straight wagers being refunded. Parlays that involve a canceled event will reduce to the next lowest number of selections.