BetMGM Sports Book Rules
Minimum Length of Play
For wagering purposes, unless otherwise stipulated in individual sports wagering rules, games are official after:
- BASEBALL (all) – five innings of play. If the home team is leading, the game is official after 4 ½ innings (this will include softball). Thereafter, if a game is called or suspended, the winner is determined by the score after the last full inning, unless the home team scores to tie or take the lead in the bottom half of the inning, in which case the winner is determined by the score at the time the game is called.
- FOOTBALL (pro and college) – 55 minutes of play.
- BASKETBALL (US pro) – 43 minutes of play; (US College, WNBA, NBA Summer League, European) – 35 minutes of play.
- HOCKEY (all) – 55 minutes of play.
- GOLF – the results are official for wagering purposed provided that at least one round has been completed by all players in the field and a winner is declared by the tournament’s governing body.
- MOTOR RACING – All wagers will be settled according to the unofficial results reported immediately after the conclusion of the race by the governing organization. Any changes to the finishing order that occurs based on appeals, penalties or scoring malfunctions after the race has concluded, will be not be recognized.
- SOCCER- the full 90 minutes of play plus injury time for 3-way, goal line, and totals.
- BOXING and MIXED MARTIAL ARTS (all) – the bell (buzzer, etc.) is sounded signifying the start of the opening round, the bout is considered official for wagering purposes, regardless of the scheduled length. For a round to be considered complete, the fighters must answer the bell beginning the next round, except for the final scheduled round in which case the final bell signifies the completion of the round and fight.
- TENNIS – at least one set of the match must be completed.
- ALL OTHER SPORTS – the conclusion of the scheduled length of play or scheduled time limit
Other Sports Rules
Wagers and proposition bets are offered to patrons and settled throughout the duration of games and events. Patrons are advised to check the individual sports rules sections for information on how wagers are settled as Minimum Length of Play rules do not relate to all wagers offered to Patrons.
Calculations for Wager Types
a. Moneyline payoff: The money line is expressed as a 3 or 4 digit number. For example, -200 means a player must bet $200 for every $100 they wish to win, and multiples thereof. Or, +120 means a player will win $120 for every $100 bet.
b. Point spread payoff: Calculations for wager types are as follows: The spread line is expressed as a 3 digit number. For example, -110 means a player must bet $110 for every $100 they wish to win, and multiples thereof. Or, +110 means a player will win $110 for every $100 bet.