Tennis matches must take place within one week of the original start time to be considered action unless otherwise noted in the specific sports rules section or the inventory game page within the mobile application or web browser application.
Minimum Length of Play
At least one set of the match must be completed.
In the event of a tennis match not taking place or if a player is given a walkover, bets on this match are void.
Tennis wagers are accepted in the following manner:
1. If a player withdraws or is disqualified after the first set has been completed, the player progressing to the next round or that is awarded the match by the umpire will be considered the winner. Bets on the player that withdraws or is disqualified will be void. If the first set has not been completed, all match bets will be void.
2. If a match does not reach a natural conclusion, any markets (besides match betting) that are not unconditionally determined will be void. In the event of a change to playing surface, venue or change from indoor court to outdoor and vice versa, all bets stand.
The full number of sets required to win the match must be completed. If a player is awarded the match prior to the full number of sets being completed, all set betting on that match will be void.
Bet In Play, Game by Game betting
1. A game is defined as an ordinary game (not a tie break) which is completed on the same day that it commenced.
2. If a game is completed after an interruption for any reason that game shall be deemed to be complete for betting purposes
3. If a game is completed by the awarding of a penalty point by the umpire, the game shall be deemed to be complete. However if a game is completed by the awarding of a penalty game by the umpire, the game shall be void, and all stakes shall be returned.
4. If a player retires from a match while a game is in progress, but before that game has been completed, that game shall be deemed to be incomplete and all stakes shall be returned. Bets on a game which subsequently becomes a tie break will be settled as void.
Current Set Betting
If a player retires from a match while a set is in progress, but before that set has been completed, that set shall be deemed to be incomplete and all stakes shall be returned.
This bet is based on the number of games each player wins in a given match. eg. a player given a 3.5 game start on the handicap who loses 7-6, 7-6, 7-6, would be the winner for handicap betting purposes. If a player is awarded the match due to a withdrawal prior to the full number of sets being completed, all handicap bets on that match will be void unless, at the time of the withdrawal, the result of the handicap betting is already determined.
Bets on the total number of games in a match will be over/under a particular number, e.g. 21.5 games. In the event of a retirement, bets will be void unless at the time of the withdrawal the result of the total games is already determined e.g. If a match is abandoned at 6-4 4- 4, bets on Over/Under 19.5 games or fewer in the match are settled as winners/losers respectively, since any conclusion to the match would have to have had at least 20 games.
To Win / Lose First Set and Win the Match
If either player withdraws from the match before the first set finishes, then bets will be void. If the first set has been completed, then the match part of the bet will be determined by the player awarded the match.
1. In some competitions, an extended tie-break (Match Tiebreak – sometimes referred to as a “Super Tiebreak”) is played in place of a final deciding set. For settlement purposes, this Match Tiebreak will be considered as one set (for set-related markets) and one game (for game-related markets). For example, in a ‘Best of three sets’ match, if Team A won the first set 6-0, Team B won the second set 6-0 and then Team B went on to win the Match Tiebreak, then the market Set Betting would be settled as 2-1 in Team B’s favour. The market Total Games would be settled against a total of 13 games.
2. For tennis matches that use the Match Tiebreak (in place of a final set), in the event that the next game turns out to be a Match Tiebreak, bets on the following markets will all be settled as void
IPTL (International Premier Tennis League) Substitute Players
If during a set a player is substituted, ALL bets including “bet in play” will stand. If a set doesn’t start with the players indicated, all bets on that set will be void.